We have the brains and it is only right to make good use of it not to fool other people but to pursue advancements in science, technology and medicine. Unfortunately, not all Singaporeans are maximizing the possibilities of the brain and use it to our advantage.
We heard people saying that we have to improve our logical thinking but what does it imply? It means that we have to expand our thinking based on knowledge and prove certainties. We rely on our logical thinking and it has become the basis of modern technology.
Logical thinking banks on our conscious brain – the most limited part of our thinking. This is the reason why it is important to strengthen logical thinking. For some Singaporeans, logical thinking is challenging. Here are some steps of logical thinking:
- Solution: Working towards clear solutions should be SMART – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound.
- Systematic planning: The next thing that you need to consider is systematic planning. You already identified the “what”. The systematic planning will answer the “how”. Systematic planning will help you find the correct procedure or method.
- Expending information: The information should be expended to reach your goals. The information gathered should be grouped, organized and ranked to fit in the bigger picture. This is where you make the connections.
- Reasoning: Reasoning will come next. It is the process of thinking something in order to form a judgment or conclusion.
- Check conclusion: Before dispensing the decision, you need to check the conclusion and make sure that it is the real solution to your goals.