Women always want to look their best even if it means there is pain. Anyway pain will subside once we are used to it. For example, wearing of high heels is a pleasant sight but it can be very uncomfortable and painful for many women. If you are in the corporate world, sometimes we are required to wear high heels.
When we go to parties, we also wear high heels. High heels look fashionable but we have to endure it. Actually there are others who never got used to it. We just adopt the “fake it till you make it” or “grin and bear it” adage. Sometimes our love for stylish shoes goes above our desire to walk comfortably. There is nothing wrong with that but we have to know that there are ways on how to wear high heels painlessly as possible.
Here are some tips:
- Pick the right size: The most common mistake of women is picking the wrong shoe size and end up either regretting or in pain. Do not assume that you have the same foot size from five years later. You have to know that foot size varies over the years especially after bearing children. The best thing to do here is to have it measured at least once a year.
- Know thy foot type: Of course there is such thing as foot type and knowing it is the key to a more comfortable use. The best person that can help you is the podiatrist. The podiatrist will know what is going on and what your foot type is. If podiatrist is not available, there are still things that you can consider. You should discover on your own if you have a high-arch foot or flat foot. One neat trick is to step on a construction paper and making an impression using wet foot.
- The thicker the heel, the better: When it comes to comfort and stylish, the heels should be thicker. Remember the rule that the thicker the heel, the better. Avoid thin heels like stilettos. Stilettos are not recommended for women on the go since it can cause foot to tremble all the time.
- Take breaks: It is important that you take breaks. Make sure to kick off those shoes and stretch toes and ankles. Speaking of stretches, you have to seriously consider it. Stretches should target the ankle and the front of the foot by pointing toes down or putting it up using strap.
- Opt for more coverage: Remember that the more coverage you consider on top of your foot, the easier it is to use. High heeled boots make an excellent choice. You can wear it all day if you prefer. Choosing shoes with more coverage on top can actually avoid blisters and friction.
In high heels, we will surely look fabulous and fierce but it is not everything. If things are very painful, there is no use enduring it. There are many flat shoes here in Singapore that we can consider. Flat shoes are better than high heels because it gives comfort to the sole. Long hours of standing and walk will not matter if we use flats.