If you’re a big follower of fashion and beauty trends, then you probably like scouring the internet for useful beauty tips straight from the expert makeup artists who are responsible for the flawless looks of our favorite celebrities in the runway and the red carpet.
The new “it” item when it comes to achieving flawless beauty looks using makeup is the Beauty Blender. It’s that pink sponge shaped like a big droplet of water we’ve seen backstage in fashion shows and on Youtube makeup tutorials.
If you’re as clueless as I am when it comes to this wonderful beauty tool, read on to learn the dos and don’ts of using and caring for the Beauty Blender.
How to Use
The Beauty Blender can be used in the application of foundation, BB cream, tinted moisturizer, concealer, etc. As the name suggests, it is used in blending makeup products seamlessly.
- Use It Wet. The key element in the effective use of the Beauty Blender is using it wet. Run the sponge under running water and then gently squeeze out the excess. Using the blender wet prevents it from soaking the product into the sponge and not on its rightful place, which is our face.
- Be Handy. Do not pump out your liquid foundation directly on the sponge. Instead, pump it onto the back of your hand. This warms up the product, giving it a smoother consistency for easier application.
- Don’t Rub It In. Using the round bottom part of the sponge, dip it on the foundation and apply it on your face. Use gentle dabbing strokes instead of aggressively rubbing the product on your face. After dabbing, bounce and press the sponge on your face lightly to make sure that the makeup looks natural. This process is called by makeup professionals as stippling.
- Erase the Past. A Beauty Blender can also be used as an eraser if we ever mess up while applying our makeup. Simply get a dry sponge, drag it on the expanse of the skin to remove makeup and start again.
- Blender Tip. Use the tip of the blender to get to hard to reach areas like the inside eye corners, outer creases of the nose and the jawline area- perfect for applying concealer.
How to Care
An amazing beauty product such as a blender needs optimum care for it to last a long time. Regularly clean the sponges to prevent bacteria from getting into the sponge.
- Do not use harsh cleansers in cleaning the blender. Simply use baby shampoo mixed with water or a sulfate-free soap.
- Wet the sponge with a little water, apply the gentle cleaning agent and gently rub it to create a lather.
- Rinse the Beauty Blender properly and air-dry it.
We see our beauty tools as a form of investment. Learning to care for these products is as important as learning how to use them properly. Proper cleaning and maintenance is also a way of ensuring the health of our skin by taking great care of products that are in contact with our face. This way, we can ensure the longevity of the product and get the best value for our money.