There are some Singaporeans who give beauty great regard. There is nothing wrong with that because we are governed by first impressions which entail our overall look. When we go to work, we try to put something good to impress our bosses or co-workers. When we socialize, we use different makeups to look pleasing.
True enough, our efforts will not be in vain if we use makeups. Somehow we will be appreciated and esteemed. The trick is not to overdo it. This article will discuss about the beauty trends these days. The British Association of Beauty Therapists and Cosmetology conducted a survey and revealed remarkable results. There were about 2, 844 women aged eighteen to seventy three who participated in the survey.
The participants admitted that they gained “expertise” through trial and error while there are others who openly confessed that YouTube tutorials have been helpful. According to the survey, British women consider the following beauty trends today:
- Heavy eyebrows: Women around the world praise the defined brows of supermodels and actresses. Women think that having heavy or defined brows are the most stylish beauty trend.
- Contouring: Contouring was popularized by TV personality Kim Kardashian. Contouring is considered the second beauty trend. This makeup technique uses concealers and foundations of different shades which can subtly sculpt the face and enhance features like the cheekbones and lips at the same time ‘slimming’ the nose.
- Dark lips: The 90’s style of dark ‘berry’ lips is the third beauty trend. Many women these days are seen wearing the popular 90’s style.
- Pin-up red lips: Following the dark ‘berry’ lips is the pin-up red lips.
- Smokey eyes: The fifth most popular trend is the smokey eyes which brings more intense look.
- Winged eyeliner: The sixth most popular beauty trend is winged eyeliner which also bring more intense glaze.
- Glossy lips: Glossy lips are simple yet classy. Many women would prefer a simple lips that overpowering ones.
- Nude lips: Women tend to highlight different features like eyes or cheeks so they go nude when it comes to lips thereby making it the eighth most popular beauty trend.
- Pencilled beauty spots: A pencilled beauty spot is the ninth most popular beauty trend.
- Natural look: Natural look will never go out of style.
For others who do not give great regard to beauty, their lives are less complicated. These Singaporeans are contented with whatever they have and do not try to make it better. Simple is good. If at some point in time they try the trends mentioned above, they are free to do so. After all, it cannot harm them – unless materials used are toxic (which are not).